Garden planning



I love, love, love garden planning.

Nothing survives the plan.  I always end up having tons of unlabeled seeds, or too much of something, and end up just putting tall stuff at the back, mystery plants in the only open space I have, and moving things around as they get in my way.

But the planning sure is fun.  It's like painting and also like a middle-school class photo.  Which stuff is tall?  Send it to the back.  Which plants are too rowdy and need to be separated?   Are there any plants with behavioral issues, (I'm looking at you, Mint,) who need to be kept in a pot by themselves?    Are there any delicate ones who need to not be moved?  (Yes, hellebores and epimedium, I understand).

And when they get transplanted, they look as gangly and unpromising as the most awkward middle-schooler.  But they'll grow.  A good drenching of water in the hole before planting, and a good soak until they perk up, and they'll be fine.


Comments

Popular Posts